The Children’s Policy Coalition is dedicated to making children the top priority in our state.
Are you Caucusing for Kids?
80% of Iowa Voters believe children’s issues are a high priority for the next president to address.
23% of Iowans live in a child care desert.
Commit to take part in the Iowa Caucus on February 3, 2020. Your can be a voice for Iowa’s kids!
- Scenes from Record-Breaking Polk County Steak FrySixteen presidential candidates, 12,000 tickets sold, one event—the Polk County Steak Fry. The Polk County Steak fry is an annual event hosted by the Polk County Democrats to highlight candidates from top of their ticket to the bottom. This year … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Marianne WilliamsonOn Monday, September 30th, 2020 presidential candidate and author Marianne Williamson sat down with our children's advocates to participate in our Facebook Live Candidate Conversation Series. Our advocates in attendance included Jill Applegate and Emilee Harris from … Read more
- Senator Kamala Harris talks about child care in CoralvilleOur advocates Jill Applegate and Emilee Harris were able to catch Senator Kamala Harris at her meet and greet at Backpocket Brewing in Coralville, Iowa on September 19th. When asked about how she would address the child care … Read more
- Candidate Conversation with Senator Michael BennetOn Saturday, September 14th, our Caucus for Kids campaign sat down with Colorado Senator Michael Bennet as part of our Facebook Live Candidate Conversation Series, which you can watch here. We were delighted to be hosted at … Read more
- Facebook LIVE Candidate Conversation with Governor Steve BullockOur “Caucus for Kids” campaign sat down last Friday, September 13th, in Iowa with Montana Governor and presidential hopeful Steve Bullock for a Facebook-Live discussion of issues affecting children. The broadcast, part of our “Candidate Conversation” series … Read more