The Children’s Policy Coalition is dedicated to making children the top priority in our state.
Are you Caucusing for Kids?
80% of Iowa Voters believe children’s issues are a high priority for the next president to address.
23% of Iowans live in a child care desert.
Commit to take part in the Iowa Caucus on February 3, 2020. Your can be a voice for Iowa’s kids!
- Child Care Breaks Through in First Debate of 2020If you were watching last night’s presidential debate, you got to see—for the first time—a robust, informed, and thoughtful conversation about child care and early education. Over the course of several minutes, debate moderator Brianne Pfannenstiel pressed the candidates to … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Senator Bernie SandersOn January 1st, 2020, our Children's Policy Coalition hosted Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders at Conmigo Early Learning Center for our Facebook Live Candidate Conversation series. From our coalition, Jessica Rebeschini from Zero to Three, Leslie Stonehocker from … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Senator Amy KlobucharOn Tuesday, November 26th, Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar sat down with our advocates to discuss issues facing children and families. Of those in attendance, Jessica Rebeschini of Zero to Three, Jillian Herink from the Iowa Association for … Read more
- “No Small Matter” showing in Des MoinesOn Tuesday, November 12th, member organizations of the Children's Policy Coalition co-hosted a showing of the No Small Matter documentary. The Mid-Iowa Chapter of the Iowa Association for the Education of Young Children, in conjunction with Unity Point Health, Every … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Senator Cory BookerOn Friday, November 1st, Caucus for Kids advocates sat down with Senator Cory Booker to discuss his plans for our nation's children and families. The advocates included Emilee Harris from Every Child Matters, Rob Barron from the … Read more