The Children’s Policy Coalition is dedicated to making children the top priority in our state.
Are you Caucusing for Kids?
80% of Iowa Voters believe children’s issues are a high priority for the next president to address.
23% of Iowans live in a child care desert.
Commit to take part in the Iowa Caucus on February 3, 2020. Your can be a voice for Iowa’s kids!
- Senator Kamala Harris talks about child care in CoralvilleOur advocates Jill Applegate and Emilee Harris were able to catch Senator Kamala Harris at her meet and greet at Backpocket Brewing in Coralville, Iowa on September 19th. When asked about how she would address the child care … Read More
- Candidate Conversation with Senator Michael BennetOn Saturday, September 14th, our Caucus for Kids campaign sat down with Colorado Senator Michael Bennet as part of our Facebook Live Candidate Conversation Series, which you can watch here. We were delighted to be hosted at … Read More
- Facebook LIVE Candidate Conversation with Governor Steve BullockOur “Caucus for Kids” campaign sat down last Friday, September 13th, in Iowa with Montana Governor and presidential hopeful Steve Bullock for a Facebook-Live discussion of issues affecting children. The broadcast, part of our “Candidate Conversation” series … Read More
- Caucus for Kids campaign hosts children and families roundtable with Sec. Julián CastroOn August 21st, the Caucus for Kids campaign held our Facebook Live candidate conversation with Former HUD Secretary Julián Castro at Conmigo Early Education Center in Des Moines. We were joined by our advocates, teachers of Conmigo, students and parents … Read More
- Former Congressman Beto O’Rourke talks children’s health care in Des MoinesOn August 20th, Former Congressman Beto O'Rourke made a campaign stop at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa. Our children's advocate, Emilee Harris, was able to ask O'Rourke what he planned to do as president to ensure that all … Read More