The Children’s Policy Coalition is dedicated to making children the top priority in our state.
Are you Caucusing for Kids?
80% of Iowa Voters believe children’s issues are a high priority for the next president to address.
23% of Iowans live in a child care desert.
Commit to take part in the Iowa Caucus on February 3, 2020. Your can be a voice for Iowa’s kids!
- “No Small Matter” showing in Des MoinesOn Tuesday, November 12th, member organizations of the Children's Policy Coalition co-hosted a showing of the No Small Matter documentary. The Mid-Iowa Chapter of the Iowa Association for the Education of Young Children, in conjunction with Unity Point Health, Every … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Senator Cory BookerOn Friday, November 1st, Caucus for Kids advocates sat down with Senator Cory Booker to discuss his plans for our nation's children and families. The advocates included Emilee Harris from Every Child Matters, Rob Barron from the … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Senator Kamala HarrisOn Wednesday, October 23rd, our Caucus for Kids campaign was happy to host California Senator Kamala Harris for our seventh Facebook Live Candidate Conversation. We were joined by many children's advocates, with Emilee Harris from Every Child … Read more
- Scenes from Record-Breaking Polk County Steak FrySixteen presidential candidates, 12,000 tickets sold, one event—the Polk County Steak Fry. The Polk County Steak fry is an annual event hosted by the Polk County Democrats to highlight candidates from top of their ticket to the bottom. This year … Read more
- Facebook Live Candidate Conversation with Marianne WilliamsonOn Monday, September 30th, 2020 presidential candidate and author Marianne Williamson sat down with our children's advocates to participate in our Facebook Live Candidate Conversation Series. Our advocates in attendance included Jill Applegate and Emilee Harris from … Read more